|Church Financial Assessment|
|Written by Jim Sutherland|
Some of the ideas for this instrument come from “Is Your Church Fiscally Fit” by James D. Berkley, in Leadership magazine. Do you feel that God’s grace is strongly operating in the church? In 2 Corinthians 8:1-5 this grace is evidenced by an extremely generous church.
1. What are the most important financial issues that our church faces?
2. How many members does the church have?
3. Do we plan the annual church budget in advance?
4. What percentage of church income goes to the pastor/pastoral staff salary?
5. Does the leadership of the church give generously?
6. How often is money discussed with the membership?
7. Do we give the pastor a W-2 at the end of the year?
8. Do we need church management software?
9. How are church financial records kept?
10. What percentage of our income goes to local benevolence giving?
11. Do we have an organized benevolence program (for distribution to the needy inside and outside the local church)?
12. What changes are needed, if any, in the way money is handled within the church?
|Last Updated on Friday, 28 August 2009 12:24|